Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Official...She's Done..


June 26, 2009! It was official...Daniela was done with her very last chemo treatment. It ended with a spinal tap and vincristine. It was a great day...we had cards and pictures of course for the doctor, the main nurse, nurse practioner and the all the nurses. I mean really - how can we ever repay them for their kindness? I felt that there was no gift other than words, a letter, a card illustrating our daughters journey , that could thank them more. So that's what I did . From the heart, i wrote them all a card. Told them how i felt we felt about them. How eternally grateful we are to them. How they made this journey - a difficult one in our hearts and mind - so much easier to bare. I think I cried as wrote each of them out. I cried when I gave it to each them. They were so thankful for the cards and pictures. Some of them had tears in their eyes too. To us, they are one in a million. I'm sure for them we are several thousand in a million. They have treated so many families with the same dignity and respect. They are truly incredibly human beings. I wish Daniela never had to go through what she did over the last two years but since we did I am so happy we were lucky enough to be so close to an amazing hospital and clinic. The Tomorrow's Children Institute is incredible. I know that my family and I will forever hold a place in our hearts for all of the people there. And I know that we will always work somehow to help raise awareness and funds for the Tomorrow's Children Fund.
God Bless Daniela's caregivers: Dr. Flug, Dr. Halpern, Annette (APN), Dorothy (nurse), Carmen (Triage), Phyllis (Billing), Joanne, Eva, Diann and so many other nurses and APNs.


















One of the other big moments of the day, is that Christina was in the room with us as the Dr. administered Daniela's anesthesia. She actually saw Daniela shake her head from feeling woozy and then just fall asleep. Christina is also one tough cookie. I still crack at the site of my baby falling asleep...Christina was like oh that's cool now let's go get some free chocolate milk (her 3rd!). I know she's just a kid...but how many kids do you know can handle this crap? I'm so incredibly proud of her maturity over the last two years. She is also something to celebrate !



No comments:

Post a Comment