Saturday, November 21, 2009

V.I.P. Day

V.I.P. Day at School #2 - What an awesome afternoon we had yesterday. The 2nd graders have this great event called VIP Day. The kids get to invite a Very Important Person in their lives other than their than parents. Christina picked Meredith our friend and babysitter. Meredith came into our lives when we needed her most. When Christina started Kindergarten, Daniela was in the heat of her chemo treatments. I couldn't get to school to pick her up and I wasn't thrilled with the after school program at the time. After much pursuing, she finally called me back and said she could be our baby sitter and pick up Christina 3 days a week a school. What a relief! Pursuing is the operative word here...because you see Meredith is famous.. she is the baby sitter for Joe Tori (previous coach of the Yankees and now Dodgers). Yup Joe Tori. Well not Joe Tori himself - he has body guards - his daughter. So in the midst of me pursuing her she was finalizing her schedule with the Tori's. We hit the jack pot with Meredith. She's is AWESOME and to us will always be a VIP. She smart, beautiful inside and out and just down right fun. The girls love her. And Casey and I have adopted a new member of our family. She doesn't babysit for us much anymore but we are happy that she still a part of our life. Her own family is amazing and I'm fortunate enough that they are both educators in Christina's school and I get to see them often.
So here's to Meredith...Christina's VIP and our dear, dear friend. We love you Meredith! Thanks for being you! Thanks for coming into our lives.
We will post a picture later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment